I grew up in Howard County and currently live in Frederick, Maryland with my husband and two children. At Towson University I studied Economics and then worked for 7 years in the corporate world. I loved working collaboratively with people in my job, but I knew my true passion was elsewhere.
What started as a hobby years ago, has transformed into a full time job with a stand alone studio space in downtown New Market. I have been in business for 7 years now and have had the pleasure of photographing hundreds of newborns, as well as meeting and befriending many amazing clients. Watching families grow is what makes my job so special.
Here are just a few fun facts about me that will hopefully make you feel like you know me a little better . . .
- I am a complete adrenaline junkie. I have been skydiving twice . . . the first time I broke my arm, but I decided I had to go back so I could have a good experience. Brave or stupid? Then there was diving off the cliffs in Jamaica on my honeymoon . . . and yes, that ended in injury as well.
- I love baking but do not do it nearly as much as I would like. In another life, I would have a cupcake store because I make a mean cupcake!
- I love lifting weights and if I am not editing or with my kids, I am likely working out or coaching at ODIN CrossFit .
- Burritos and I have a thing together. It is pretty serious.
- I am completely directionally challenged. Thank goodness for GPS’s.
- I have a slightly twisted and irreverent sense of humor.
Image taken by my very talented friend, Crissie Traugott of Crissie Traugott Photography.